Posts Tagged With: Women’s Navy

St Mary le Strand Church, London

St Mary le Strand is one of London’s “island churches”, standing on a traffic island by Somerset House. It’s the second church to be called St Mary le Strand, the first having been pulled down in 1549 to make way for Somerset House. Construction of the present church began in 1714, the architect being James Gibbs (architect of St Martin-in-the-Fields among many other places).

Continue reading

Categories: England, London | Tags: , , , , , | Leave a comment

Blog at WordPress.com.