Posts Tagged With: Bluecoat school

YMCA International Community Centre, Nottingham

The YMCA International Community Centre on Mansfield Road is housed in what was the Bluecoat Charity School. The school was founded in 1706 as the first charity school in Nottingham and classes were at first taught at St Mary’s Church and then in a building on High Pavement. They moved to the Mansfield Road Site, a building designed by Thomas Chambers Hine, in around 1853.

Continue reading

Categories: England, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire | Tags: , , , , | Leave a comment

Blog at WordPress.com.