The Grade II listed lodge stands at the Mansfield Road entrance to the Forest Recreation Ground which used to be a racecourse with the first meeting there taking place around 1690. A race stand was erected in 1777 where the Keeper of the Forest lived until the purpose built Lodge was built for him in 1857, by Henry Moses Wood.
Posts Tagged With: Forest Recreation Ground
The Lodge, Nottingham
Categories: England, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire Tags: Forest Recreation Ground, photo post, The Lodge Leave a comment